The NCMD Act, Cap 99 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (2004) which established the Nigerian Council for Management Development (NCMD), empowers it to setup and maintain standards in Management Education, Training and Development, including Accreditation of Trainers and Training Institutions.
The Accreditation and Curriculum Development Department is charged with carrying out the Centre’s role of standardization of capacity building activities through streamlining and control.
To achieve the Centre’s goals, the Accreditation Division in the Accreditation Department was set up to manage the entire Accreditation and Registration Process for both Individuals and Institutions.
THE ACCREDITATION AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT HAS THREE (3) DIVISIONS, NAMELY:
1. CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT DIVISION;
2. ACCREDITATION DIVISION; AND
3. QUALITY ASSURANCE DIVISION
The accreditation Division provides information and advisory services to trainers and training firms/institutions on accreditation and registration. Division handles the coordination of (among others):o sale/collection of completed forms;
o preparation of: accreditation assessment visit
• certificates for successful applicants and organisations
• annual directory of accredited trainers and training organisations.
• the Annual Directory of Management Development Programmes in Nigeria.
Curriculum Development Division
The Curriculum Development Division is concerned with developing/reviewing the Curriculum of the Centre’s programmes, as well as the review and upgrading of syllabi for management studies, the compilation of training programme and the publication of the directory of training firms/institutions and individual trainers in the country.
Quality Assurance Division
This division is charged with ensuring that the programmes/activities carried out in the Centre, as well as by other individual trainers and firms/institution, are carried out not below the least established standards.
CRITERIA FOR ACCREDITATION ASSESSMENT
A. INDIVIDUAL TRAINERS
Candidate must:1. be a graduate of a recognized University, Polytechnic or other similar institutions of higher learning in Nigeria or abroadAND/OR;
2. be a holder of a professional qualification e.g. ICAN, ACA, ACCA,CIPM,AIB,ACIS etc. as approved by Government;
3. be a holder of CMD’s Train-The-Trainer (Basic and Advanced MANDEV) certificates. AND
4. have at least three years post-management training experience.
After meeting the above-stated requirements, applicant will then obtain an Individual Accreditation Application form at the cost of N50, 000:00 only.
Upon completion, the form is to be submitted along with copies of the following documents:
- educational qualification(s);
- professional certificates;
- basic and advanced Mandev certificates;
- curriculum vitae; and
- receipt for the form
The fees for the programmes are as follows:
|MANAGEMENT TRAINERS’ DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME(BASIC MANDEV)||TWO WEEKS||N250,000:00K|
|MANAGEMENT TRAINERS’ DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME(ADVANCED MANDEV)||TWO WEEKS||N300,000:00K|
B. TRAINING FIRMS
The firm must provide the following:
1.Certificate of Incorporationand other relevant documentsMemorandum and Articles of
Association,withTraining, Research and Management Consultancyservices as part of the
3. 3.At leastthree Accredited Management Trainers (AMTs), oneof whom must be on the
payroll of the organization.
4. At least three years of relevant management training experience.
5. At well-equipped library.
6. Functional training facilities e.g. Training Room(s), Audiovisual Equipment, computers etc.
Applicant will then obtain an Accreditation Application form for firms at the cost of One hundred
Thousand (N100, 000:00) naira only.
Upon completion of the form, it is to be submitted along with the following documents:
- CAC documentation and any other relevant document (as stated above);
- CVs of directors of the firm;
- CVs of facilitators and their accreditation certificates –
Note – letter of authority (Indicating affirmation of being part of the organization) and
means of identification must be attached;
- Company profile; and
- Copy of payment receipt for form issued
Once the form has been submitted with all relevant documents, a letter of ‘To Whom It May
Concern’, which serves as Provisional Accreditation, is issued, pending the time the accreditation
proper is ready. However, the letter is valid only for six (6) months.
C.PUBLIC TRAINING INSTITUTIONS (established by Act/Law and private organizations of similar standing)
D. PRIVATE TRAINING INSTITUTIONS
An Institution must provide the following-
1. Certificate of incorporation or enabling Law or Act.
3. At least five Accredited Management Trainers (AMTs), all of whom must be on
the company’s payroll.
4. A well-equipped library.
5. Functional training facilities e.g. Training Room(s), Audiovisual Equipment, computers etc.
The process for Institutional accreditation is the same as that for a firm, except, as stated earlier; all
five Accredited Management Trainers (AMTs) must be on the payroll of the institution.
Documents to be submitted are also the same as that for a firm.
The firm/institution will be notified of when the Accreditation panel will visit for assesment.
E. RENEWAL OF MEMBERSHIP CERTIFICATE
NOTE: ACCREDITATION CERTIFICATES (BOTH INDIVIDUAL AND
FIRMS/INSTITUTIONS) ARE VALID FOR THREE (3) YEARS ONLY.
1. Individual trainers seeking renewal must participate at least once in the Centre’s Annual
Management Training Forum/Professional Trainers’ Development Programme and
update their skills in their areas of specialization e.g. Human Resources Management,
Financial Management, Entrepreneurial Development, ICT etc.
The Professional Trainers’ Development Programme is for three (3) days, at the cost of
Seventy thousand Naira (N70, 000.00) only.
2. Training firms/institutions seeking renewal must have their Accredited Management
Trainers (AMTs) participate at least once in the Centre’s Annual Management Forum.
3. Fee for renewal forms for Institutions, Firms and Individual are:
|2||Training Firms||N50, 000:00K|
|3||Private Training Institutions (5 million share capital)||N100, 000:00K|
|4||Private Training Institutions (5-20 million share capital)||N200,000:00K|
|5||Private Training Institutions 20-100 million share capital)||N300,000:00K|
|6||Public Training Institutions (100 million share capital)||N500,000:00K|
All payments are to be made to:
CENTRE FOR MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT
PROJECT ACCOUNT-TSA: 0020075161027